N.I.G.E.L. (Next-Millennium Intelligence Gathering Electronic Liaison) is an analysis robot created by Mendel Craven, which appears in Godzilla: The Series. He was often reprogrammed by Randy Hernandez. He is destroyed in almost every episode (and subsequently rebuilt, it is to be assumed).
Godzilla: The Series
N.I.G.E.L. was created by Dr. Mendel Craven in order to assist his research, and he came with his creator to H.E.A.T., when he left the military's service and was used to gather information on the various mutations found in the world, and most importantly Godzilla. Much to Craven's annoyance, Randy Hernandez would constantly hack N.I.G.E.L.'s speech program to make it imitate film characters, or on one occasion Craven's mother.
In an alternate timeline in which Niko Tatopoulos, Randy Hernandez, Elsie Chapman, and Monique Dupre disappeared at sea, allowing genetically engineered super-monsters called D.R.A.G.M.A.s to destroy the world, Craven gave N.I.G.E.L. considerable upgrades to make him more durable, and rewrote his speech program to make his speech pattern match that of Hernandez.
- Regular Abilities:
- Modular configuration.
- Built-in speaker
- Play certain tones of voice with its speech modulator program installed in its operating system (Windows 98). Also can play sound files.
- Sample analyzer with its incorporate instrumental.
- Various thermal, olfactory, etc. sensors.
- Bluetooth and infrared receiving system for external devices.
- Special Abilities: Artificial reasoning and learning program installed.
- RAM memory: 16 Mb DIMM
- Main memory: 10 Gb cylinder type
- Software Activated Headlights
- Godzilla: The Series (1999)
- Godzilla: The Series - Monster Wars (2000)
Godzilla: The Series
When the Crackler appeared in New York, Craven was tasked with using N.I.G.E.L. to follow and gather information on the monster. Using a helicopter mode to fly close to the beast, it quickly raised its hand and blasted N.I.G.E.L. to pieces. Much later, a rebuilt N.I.G.E.L. was sent to try and remove a Solstice Technologies Neural Stimulator planted on Godzilla by Cameron Winter, but just after the task was completed, Godzilla snapped at the flying probe and it once again was destroyed.
N.I.G.E.L.'s aquatic body in "The Winter of Our Discontent"
N.I.G.E.L. in the episode "Future Shock"
N.I.G.E.L. going to spray Norzzug with the spray tank
- Godzilla Rivals: Rodan vs. Ebirah artist Phillip Johnson planned to give Dr. Mendel Craven and N.I.G.E.L. cameos in the issue, but replaced N.I.G.E.L. with an original robot after his editor cautioned him against including "too many [E]aster eggs."
This is a list of references for N.I.G.E.L.. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 12 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.