|Godzilla Singular Point episodes|
|SPOILER WARNING: This article may contain major plot and/or ending details. Proceed at your own discretion.|
"Tigerish" (のばえのきょうふ is the third episode of Nobae no Kyōfu, lit. Nobae's Terror)Godzilla Singular Point. It aired on Japanese Netflix on April 1, 2021, and on Japanese television on April 8. Its international Netflix release took place on June 24, along with the rest of the season.
The JASDF detects the Rodan flock approaching Nigashio City and scrambles two fighter jets to observe them. The police order all residents to take shelter. On her train to Tokyo, Mei Kamino and Pelops II discuss Archetype, the miracle molecule Dr. Li Guiying has discovered, unaware of the impending attack. At Misakioku, Shunya Sato and Tsunetomo Yamamoto watch the Rodan approach, with Shunya convincing the director to get inside. Each creature is smaller than previous specimens, but they now number in the thousands. Yun Arikawa, Haberu Kato, and Satomi Kanahara watch the chaos unfold on TV. As before, the monsters are targeting sources of radio waves. Pulling up in his Otaki Factory-branded car, Goro Otaki urges Yun and Haberu into action on the Gyro Canopy Tandem 2.
On the train, Mei overhears a panicking family, and Pelops II shows her photos and a broadcast of the Rodan invasion. Yun activates the transmitters on the motocycle, quickly attracting the attention of several Rodan. They accelerate to keep ahead of them, but crash when Haberu tries to evade several parked vehicles. Yun hits his head on a railing and is knocked unconscious. Meanwhile, Mei spots her building in the broadcast and worries about the laundry she left out. Pelops II hacks into several nearby security cameras, but none offer a view of her apartment.
As Yun revives, several Rodan touch down. Goro hides from one inside a bus with a high school student and the driver, while Haberu brings Yun inside a small building where another student, her teacher, and a bus employee are taking shelter. A Rodan tackles the door, leaving an opening, but quickly loses interest. Pelops II takes control of a yellow work robot at Otaki Factory, giving Mei a mobile camera. Satomi, assuming Yun is controlling the robot, lets it out of the garage, though she grows suspicious when Mei thanks her for letting her borrow it. The Rodan take a heightened interest in the bus as another driver tries to contact it over the radio, with one breaking inside. The students turn out to be experienced archers, prompting Yun and Yung to devise a plan to distract the monsters. He attaches water bottles with holes poked in them to three arrows. As Goro prepares to fire the other bow at the approaching Rodan, the first bottle-equipped arrow sails through the air, producing a loud whistling sound. The next two arrows distract the Rodan further, giving Haberu and Yun an opening to climb onto the bike and resume their transmission. One Rodan charges at them head-on, but is intercepted by the yellow robot, who grapples it with a manipulator arm. More Rodan descend on the robot and quickly destroy it. Yun and Haberu lure scores of Rodan further out of town, where they soon drop out of the sky to their deaths. Rain begins to fall.
The next morning, tarps are draped across damaged roofs throughout Nigashio. The Rodan attack has left thirteen people missing and 143 hospitalized, and speculation about their origins and strange behavior intensifies. Of particular interest to Shunya is the red sand which washed off their bodies in the rain, as it reminds him of the red sand around the skeleton in the basement of Misakioku. In Tokyo, Mei meets freelance journalist Takehiro Kai. She initially thinks he is a scam artist until he hands her a sample of Archetype, courtesy of Li. He also passes along an invitation for her to become a "resident short-term researcher" on a project Li is working on in Dubai. Mei is delighted. At Otaki Factory, Yun and Haberu puzzle over the yellow robot saving them. Yun discovers that Naratake was controlling the robot. He contacts Mei to thank her, though they are both unaware of the other's identity. She sends him a video of the Archetype sample; Yun recalls reading about the material online. Impossibly, the flower embedded inside rotates in the opposite direction the cube is turned. When Mei asks Yun what Archetype is, he sends her a string of numbers and letters and challenges her to solve it.
Deep in the ocean, an enormous marine creature closes in on a nuclear submarine, leaving red dust in his wake.
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Yume Miyamoto as Mei Kamino
- Shoya Ishige as Yun Arikawa
- Misaki Kuno as Pelops II
- Rie Kugimiya as Yung
- Taro Kiuchi as Haberu Kato
- Wataru Takagi as Goro Otaki
- Ayako Takeuchi as Satomi Kanahara
- Yohei Azakami as Shunya Sato
- Jin Urayama as Tsunetomo Yamamoto
- Kenichi Suzumura as Takehiro Kai
- Hiromichi Tezuka as Senior air traffic controller
- Genki Yoshimoto as Passenger A
- Ryosuke Hara as Air traffic controller
- Shunichi Maki as Police officer
- Eriko Matsui as Newscaster
- Kazuyoshi Hayashi as Town hall official
- Takuya Nakashima as Reporter
- Kenta Sasa as TV commentator
- Teruyuki Tanzawa as Scholar
- Arisa Sakuraba as Passenger B
- Riho Kyuma as High school girl A
- Shiori Hashimoto as High school girl B
Weapons, vehicles, races and organizations
- A building in Nigashio City bears the logo of Marutomo, the real estate company from Godzilla vs. Mothra. The city also sports billboards for Pacific Pharmaceuticals from King Kong vs. Godzilla, Happy Enterprises from Mothra vs. Godzilla, and Red Bamboo from Ebirah, Horror of the Deep. Happy Enterprises operates the amusement park where Mei Kamino meets Takehiro Kai later in the episode.
- Advertisements for the Kilaak monster control device and a concealed transmitter from Destroy All Monsters are pinned to a bulletin board in Otaki Factory.
- A small, rusted Maser Cannon can be seen outside Otaki Factory as Yun Arikawa and Haberu Kato put on their helmets.
- An excerpt of online commentary about "H.G. Wells's novel published in 1898" refers to The War of the Worlds, where the invading Martians attempted to terraform Earth using red weed. Godzilla Ultima will generate similar vegetation in Tokyo later in the season.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.