Talk page of the main page.
Chibi Godzilla clean up
I'm working on cleaning up the Chibi Godzilla pages and adding pages for the second season of I'm Home! Chibi Godzilla, but for the characters themselves, should their most recent appearance be the final episode of season 2, just season 2, or the latest book? Thanks -BoopNoodle 23 of April
Where is the Chat?
Has the chat been moved or has it been deleted permanently? -- God's Godzilla 19:00, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
- Chat feature has been removed. Titanollante ( roar to me! | my footprints! ) 19:02, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
- To why might it be removed from here? -- God's Godzilla 18:57, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- (you wonder why I don't edit)
I Need Your Help on a MASSIVE Project!
I honestly don't know where to start, so I'll start from the beginning:
In 2016, Wikizilla became independent from Wikia/Fandom and has become one of the greatest places for a kaiju fan such as myself to be. I used to be a big editor here back then. However, there was a problem. I am a huge Ultraman fan. Unfortunately, there are no independent Ultraman Wikis. Why is this a problem? Well, it's a long story, so I'll try to keep it as short as possible. I did something that was a little ambitious. No, very ambitious.
I founded TsuburayaWiki. I know it's currently on Wikia/Fandom, well, that's because I needed to start somewhere. Why did I found TsuburayaWiki? It's because, well, look at the other Ultraman Wikis. They are nothing like Wikizilla. The older articles are plagiarized from Wikipedia, the grammar is very inconsistent and their galleries for articles are lacking and outdated. Not to mention that half of their articles use the incorrect names for the monsters and aliens. Yes, they are trying to improve, but trying is not enough. That's why I started from scratch and founded TsuburayaWiki. Besides, it's not like Ultra Wiki would want to be independent anyway.
Let me address some important details about TsuburayaWiki. First, most articles have "To be added" in place of real paragraphs. Why didn't I take the time to write paragraphs on the wiki's articles? It's because I don't have all the time I need to do that. I know that paragraphs are what make an article, but look at my work on Kanegon and Horoboros' Ultraman Z sections. They are much longer than the other Ultraman Wikis' articles. They simply take all day. I am not a paragraph editor. I am an image editor. That is why I can't do this alone anymore. I also am going to college next year and I absolutely won't be able to edit there as much as I'd like to.
For the past four years, I have created over 1,000 articles and done exactly 20,735 edits on TsuburayaWiki, and I have learned so much. I have kept a close eye on official websites like Ultraman Galaxy and m-78.jp and have tried my best to stay up to date. I created the logos and backgrounds myself. I need my work to pay off somehow. That is why I need your help to make TsuburayaWiki the most complete and efficient Ultraman Wiki ever. Also, did you know that the only thing that makes Ultra Wiki affiliated with Wikizilla is that both Koopa and Lamango, two Wikizilla editors, also edit on Ultra Wiki? That is it. It's time to move to TsuburayaWiki, the most accurate and ambitious Ultraman Wiki out there. As I said, I am going to college next year and I need you guys to take the reins while I'm gone. Don't worry, I'll be back... Someday.
I appreciate all the support that I can get for TsuburayaWiki. You guys taught me how to be a wiki editor. I grew up with you guys and I always loved your work. It has inspired me to create my own Wiki and it has been an incredible journey. I hope you stay safe during this crazy year and help keep TsuburayaWiki going and make it an independent site. Take your time, as long as you keep up to date with Ultraman Galaxy and m-78.jp!
P.S. Maybe we could change the name of TsuburayaWiki to Tsubupedia or something like that? I'll make you all admins once you join. Love you guys!
- I can't speak for anyone else, but I simply do not have the time to manage another wiki. If Wikizilla seems like a relatively "finished" site, nothing could be further from the truth; all of the regular editors have to-do lists a mile long. I've been told by more than a few people that the Ultra Wiki mod team is hard to work with, but reforming that site seems like a more fruitful endeavor than starting a new one from scratch, given the colossal franchise in question.--Astounding Beyond Belief (talk) 03:46, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
- What about all of my work? I don't need everyone to edit there, mostly just Koopa and maybe a few others. As for reforming Ultra Wiki, they don't want to be independent. Ultra Wiki won't have my kind of rework. So why even try to reform it? I know the franchise front to back, and it is possible to start from ground up. I know it is, because I have already done a lot of the work. Yes, there is still a lot of work to be done, but if some more people have more time to spare, we can finish the job. If Ultra Wiki would want to become independent and be more like Wikizilla, then Ultra Wiki and TsuburayaWiki could merge into one. However, I doubt that the Ultra Wiki admins would even consider merging or being independent to begin with. Once the rest of the Wikizilla admins see my post here, like Titan and Koopa, we can continue this discussion. Thanks.--Kaiju4EVER (talk) 04:28, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
- Again, I can't speak for anyone else, and I appreciate the ambitiousness of this project, but at the moment I can't see it as being particularly feasible. Not only does the Ultra Wiki exist, which is more established and as you said, unlikely to accept a merger, but the Tokupedia group, the same set of Wikis we're affiliated with, already has its own Ultraman series wiki in the form of the UltraSeries wiki. Cross-Wiki projects like these are also quite a significant way above my station, so I'd like to invite the other admins to offer their insight, which I see ABB has done already. --Koopa, The Kaiju Collector Roar to me 13:53, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
- I forgot to mention that I actually moved to UltraSeries wiki and started editing there before the idea of TsuburayaWiki. The reason I stopped editing on UltraSeries wiki was because of how bland their themes are. TsuburayaWiki is vary colorful, like Wikizilla, and uses most of the same templates. UltraSeries wiki only focuses on the Ultraman franchise, not the entire company of Tsuburaya Productions. The wiki also lacks paragraphs on most articles, similar to TsuburayaWiki. However, the wiki has almost no galleries on articles. As I said, I am an image collector and editor, so images are vary important to me. I needed a place to archive my thousands of Tsuburaya Productions images, with a majority of them not being on Ultra Wiki. I couldn't put them on Ultra Wiki because of how the site is nothing like Wikizilla, and as you know, I adore Wikizilla and its style. Episode 23 of Ultraman Z, Prelude to a Nightmare just aired today and now I have to deal with that and the rest of the news that drops every week. Like I said, I can't let my work go to waste. Maybe TsuburayaWiki could be a work-in-progress site or something along those lines. Allosaurus236, a Wikizilla editor, has decided to help me starting yesterday, (here's his message) and a user called "Low Li Hao 2018" has been occasionally helping since last year (however his grammar isn't all that great). Both editors mean a lot to me as TsuburayaWiki needs all the help it can get. However, as I said before, I won't be able to edit there next year very often and without an admin to moderate it, TsuburayaWiki will become outdated and even more unfeasible. Look how good Jirahs' article looks. I know it would take ages to get all articles looking like how Jirahs looks, but that's why I'm recruiting editors to help me on this massive, work-in-progress project. All the site needs is one or two admins to run it while I'm gone. TsuburayaWiki doesn't have to be complete when I come back, just up to date. --Kaiju4EVER (talk) 00:55, 5 December 2020 (UTC)
- You're still dancing around explaining why "trying is not enough" for Ultra Wiki. What specific policies are preventing you from uploading the images you want there? Why is their grammar unfixable? Why can't the monsters' names be standardized now that Mill Creek is cranking out booklets for every show it releases on Blu-ray?--Astounding Beyond Belief (talk) 01:41, 5 December 2020 (UTC)
- It's because their themes, arrangement of articles, templates and galleries are not like Wikizilla's. Ultra Wiki thinks that the Mill Creek booklets are erroneous and not accurate (which isn't true by the way). I didn't mean to sound like I'm against Ultra Wiki, I simply just want there to be an independent Tsuburaya Productions wiki that matches Wikizilla's standards. My goal is to be separate from Wikia/Fandom. If Ultra Wiki would do that and become similar to Wikizilla, then yes, I would gladly join them. However, I doubt they would. I know that Gojipedia exists because not everyone wanted to leave Wikia/Fandom when Wikizilla became an independent site, and it is a similar concept with TsuburayaWiki and me wanting there to be an independent Tsuburaya Productions wiki. Like I said, TsuburayaWiki is a work-in-progress project and it doesn't have to be finished immediately. --Kaiju4EVER (talk) 02:30, 5 December 2020 (UTC)