King Kong of Skull Island (property)
King Kong of Skull Island is an intellectual property owned by DeVito ArtWorks, LLC. It encompasses a series of novels, comic books, and other media featuring the King Kong character, based around a 2005 rewrite of the 1932 novelization of the original King Kong film by Brad Strickland and Joe DeVito. The property is endorsed by and published by license through the estate of Merian C. Cooper, Kong's original creator.
- Merian C. Cooper's King Kong (2005) - a revised and updated rewrite of the 1932 novelization of King Kong, written by Brad Strickland and Joe DeVito and illustrated by Joe DeVito
- Kong: King of Skull Island (2005) - a sequel and prequel to Merian C. Cooper's King Kong, written by Brad Strickland and John Michlig and illustrated by Joe DeVito
- Doc Savage: Skull Island (2013) - a crossover novel between Doc Savage and Kong, written by Will Murray and illustrated by Joe DeVito
- King Kong vs. Tarzan (2016) - a crossover novel between Tarzan and Kong, written by Will Murray with a cover illustration by Joe DeVito
- King Kong of Skull Island (2018) - an illustrated novel created by Joe DeVito chronicling the origins of Kong's species, the native Tagatu civilization, and events that took place on Skull Island prior to the events of Merian C. Cooper's King Kong; originally released in 2018 as a limited edition hardcover with an autographed bookplate and other exclusive content, it was republished in both paperback and ebook form in 2020 in two parts: Exodus and The Wall
- Kong: King of Skull Island (2007) - a six-issue comic adaptation of the novel of the same name published by Markosia
- Kong of Skull Island (2016-2017) - a 12-issue comic series published by BOOM! Studios set long before the events of King Kong, detailing the arrival of the kong species and the Tagu and Atu human tribes on Skull Island in the distant past
- Kong: Gods of Skull Island (2017) - a one-shot graphic novel published by BOOM! Studios set in 1912 and focusing on the Tagatu's religion based around Kong
- Kong on the Planet of the Apes (2017-2018) - a six-issue crossover miniseries between Kong and the Planet of the Apes franchise
- Kong of Skull Island 2018 Special (2018) - a one-shot graphic novel published by BOOM! Studios about a Viking expedition that arrives on Skull Island
- Kong: The Great War (2023) - an upcoming series published by Dynamite Entertainment about Imperial German soldiers stranded on Skull Island.
- King Kong Skull Island - an unproduced television series from MarVista Entertainment and IM Global Television, developed in 2017
- King Kong - an upcoming television series from Atomic Monster Productions and World Builder Entertainment
- Kong: King of Skull Island - a unproduced film from Fantastic Films, developed in 2007
Games and apps
- King Kong: Skull Island Adventure - a puzzle game based on Kong: King of Skull Island
- MOBA Legends - Kong makes a licensed appearance in this game through DeVito Artworks, LLC
- Super Pixel Heroes - Kong makes a licensed appearance in this game through DeVito Artworks, LLC
- King Kong of Skull Island VR - a virtual reality arcade game developed by Raw Thrills
- Untitled King Kong video game - published by GameMill Entertainment
Mezco Toyz released 7" and 12" figures of King Kong based on the King Kong of Skull Island property in 2019. Atlantis Toy and Hobby released a glow-in-the-dark King Kong model kit in 2021 based on the classic Aurora model kit of the character from the 1960s and 1970s.
This is a list of references for King Kong of Skull Island (property). These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 2 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.