Minecraft is a PC game based on blocks created by Swedish video game designer Markus Persson. The game itself has no references to the Godzilla franchise, but the modding community has created a couple of detailed mods featuring Godzilla monsters for other players to enjoy.
- 1 Mods
- 1.1 Godzilla Mod
- 1.2 Kaiju and Characters in the Godzilla Mod
- 1.3 OreSpawn
- 2 Gallery
- 3 Trivia
- 4 External Links
- 5 References
- 6 Comments
The Godzilla Mod, made by Tihyo, is centered around Godzilla. It currently has ten types of monsters: Godzilla, Kiryu, King Ghidorah, Burning Godzilla, Dorats, King Kong, Rodan, Mothra (Imago and Larva), Battra (Imago and Larva) and Skeleturtle (. The mod is based directly off the franchise, for example, the most effective way to kill the monsters is through the use of the Oxygen Destroyer or Oxygen Launcher, a rocket launcher that uses the Oxygen Destroyer as ammo (Note: The Oxygen launcher was removed in the Mothra Update). Other, less effective ways, include weapons and armor made from the remains of the Kaiju, Kiryu (Note: Kiryu was removed in the Mothra Update), Rocket Launchers and Grenades. There are currently plans to add more monsters. The aim of the mod is to translate creatures from the Godzilla franchise to Minecraft in the form of difficult bosses for challenge seeking players and/or fans. The mod is currently under a rewrite and will feature brand new graphics and gameplay in upcoming versions.
Kaiju and Characters in the Godzilla Mod
GodzillaMogeGoji. When defeated he drops vast amounts of experience like all the other mobs and also G cells (used to make Kiryu and the G-Armor, currently the strongest armor in Minecraft and it gives the player Regeneration), Godzilla bones (also used for Kiryu) and the Godzilla Skull (used in Kiryu but also a placeable trophy).
King Ghidorah is the third monster added to the mod and one of the most powerful. He can summon lightning, fly, and knock the player away and into the air. When at 2,000 health and below it will run away. It's A.I. had been redone so that he will attack any thing not wearing the Xilien armor set. When defeated it drops Ghidorah Scales which can be used to craft the Ghidorah set (let's the player fly) and the Ghidorah Scepter (second strongest melee weapon in the mod and can summon lightning). Its design is mostly based off of HeiseiGhido, although it draw some elements from other designs as well. He previously spawned in the End but now he spawns on Planet X, he can also spawn in hill biomes with enough luck. Ghidorah has 15,000 hit points and attack damage of 800.
Burning GodzillaDesuGoji Godzilla design.
Xilienskaiju mobs added to the mod. Xiliens are hostile towards players and can be found only in the Burnt Grassland (a new biome added by the mod) or Planet X. Xiliens have 50 points of health, deal around 13 points of damage, have decent defense and walk as fast as the player. They also can see players from very far away and when they see the player, they will run towards him, trying to kill him. They are based on their appearance in Invasion of Astro-Monster. They are also meant to spawn on Planet X which is meant to be reached using the Xilien Hand Device. Upon dying they drop all or parts of their armor set. When the player wears this King Ghidorah will not attack them.
King Kong is the first mammalian kaiju in the mod. King Kong spawns in the Jungle and Forest Hills biome. He has 9500 health points and does 850 damage. King Kong suffers no fall damage, has knockback resistance, high defense and agility, can destroy blocks, has the ability to climb over obstacles and is super charged by lightning, at which point his power increases and he can call down further lightning bolts. King Kong is based on the ShodaiKongu.
Rodan is one of the most recent mobs in the the game. He was added in the Mothra Update, along with Mothra, Skeleturtle, and Battra. He has 8750 health points and inflicts 1000 damage. He has a defense point of 18, and has the ability to fly at incredible speeds. He has a hurricane wind attack, takes no fall damage, is immune to fire, destroys terrain, and has knockback resistance. Upon dying will drop his scales, which can be used to craft a set of armor (allows flight). Rodan is based on the FinalRado.
Mothra is now added to the Godzilla mod on the newest update. Mothra has 8500 health and a defense of 20. Mothra's abilities include: hurricane wind attack antenna rays, lightning attack, poison powder attack, and flight. Mothra takes no fall damage and no fire Damage. Mothra is also rideable. Mothra has high defense and knockback resistance. Mothra has 700 attack damage and has a difficulty of 10/10. Mothra's design for the mod is a combination of all the previous Mothra designs.
Mothra's Larva stage was also added into the mod. It can hatch from the Mothra Egg (which can be found on Infant Island). It can't take fall damage, fire damage, doesn't suffer knockback, has 4500 health, 650 attack damage, 12 points of defense and can shoot the stream of web from it's mouth. Like the adult Mothra it can be ridden.
Along with Mothra, Battra was also added into the mod. He has 7000 points of health, 500 attack damage and defense of 16. His abilities include Hurricane Wind Attack, Prism Beams and Flight. He takes no fall damage, no fire damage, can destroy terrain and has knockback resistance. Upon death he will drop Battra shards, which can be used to craft the set of armor (allows flight) and a scepter (deals 850 damage and inflicts negative potion effects). He can be found in Cold Taiga biome.
Battra's Larva stage was added into the mod. He has 4500 health, attack damage of 875 and 12 defense points. He can fire Prism Beams from his horn and, just like the adult Battra, is resistant to fall damage, fire damage, can destroy terrain and has knockback resistance. Once defeated, he will drop his shells, which can be used to craft a set of armor and he can also drop pieces of his horn, which can be used to craft a Battra Sword (450 damage an applies weakness). He can also be found in Cold Taiga Biome.
OreSpawn is one of the largest mods in Minecraft, and incorporates many mobs other than the ones from the Godzilla franchise.Mothra. When defeated or knocked out by other mobs, she will spawn a cloud of smaller Moths before dying, in a similar fashion to Mothra Leo's division attack as Aqua Mothra.
MobzillaZilla and MireGoji.
The King was inspired by King Ghidorah, with the similarities between them being the fact that they are winged three-headed dragons and that they have lightning-like attacks. It spawns in a giant, very rare tree composed of extremely valuable blocks, giving it the mythology of a dragon protecting loot. The two variants on The King—The Prince and The Queen—are based on King Ghidorah through The King.
- Unlike some Minecraft mods, both Orespawn and the Godzilla mod can be ran at the same time, allowing for players to get mobs from both mods to engage in combat against each other.
- Fans have often debated over which mod has the strongest mob. While Mobzilla held the title originally, Godzilla was proven more powerful. This means Burning Godzilla is even more powerful by extension.
- Though The King is stronger than Mobzilla, it can't be proven that he can defeat Godzilla or Burning Godzilla. When in the same world as The King. Godzilla has shown that he will despawn before they have the opportunity to fight. The creator of OreSpawn did this to prevent future mob battles, which have promoted conflict between fans.
- Both mod creators have stated that they do not have a rivalry and that they do not ever want one.
- Fans have started a controversy claiming that one mod copied the other (which ever mod they prefer, they claim was copied by the other). There is clear evidence that this is not the case as the two mods have always had different intentions. Both add challenging bosses, but the Godzilla mod's goal is to add accurate depictions of kaiju from the Godzilla franchise whereas OreSpawn mainly adds original and parody creatures.
- Whenever Dorats are killed they will drop an item that, upon right-clicking it on the ground, will spawn another Dorat (can be used only once). If the player collects 3 of those items and combines them in a special workbench he will get an item that spawns King Ghidorah. This feature was added to imitate the way King Ghidorah was created in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah.
- The recently added Diving Suit has a barely visible "2" written on top of the helmet. This was done to reference the diving suit that Dr. Serizawa wore in the original 1954 film.
- Upon hatching, Mothra Egg has a 15% chance of spawning twins.
- It also has a 10% chance of spawning the original 1961 version of Mothra Larva.
This is a list of references for Minecraft. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 2 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.
<comments voting="Plus" />