|This page documents an official Wikizilla policy.
Before making changes, make sure they have been agreed upon.
The following is a list of Wikizilla's rules and policies. Every user at Wikizilla are expected to follow these rules and policies.
All users in good standing may enforce the rules. Bureaucrats and administrators may issue blocks in the case of repeated denial of the rules.
- Because Wikizilla is a small, low activity wiki, incidents and situations will generally be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- Assume Good Faith - assume that the other editors on the wiki mean well.
- Please be familiar with Wikizilla's Manual of Style before editing.
- Civility - be civil in your dealings with others. No personal attacks, unnecessarily abusive language, patronizing behavior, baiting, etc...
- Use proper language and syntax on Wikizilla at all times.
- Vandalism is not tolerated.
- Plagiarism is not tolerated.
- Usernames must meet our Username Policy.
- Follow the Talk Page Guidelines.
- All users should be 13 or older.
- Dispute Resolution is far less formal than it is on Wikipedia. If you have a dispute with another user, first attempt to seek resolution on the comment section or talk page of the article. If that fails, ask other editors for opinions. If the dispute cannot be resolved still, an administrator shall weigh in on it and decide.
- Edit Wars will result in the warred-over article being locked temporarily.
- Wikizilla is not censored. Profanity and such in articles should be done only in an encyclopedic manner.
- Sockpuppetry (operating multiple accounts pretending to be different people) and Meatpuppetry (using other users solely to advance your view in a dispute) is strictly prohibited and will get you blocked.
- There is no formal article deletion process on Wikizilla. If you think something needs to be deleted, ask a bureaucrat or administrator.
- There is no formal request for adminship process on Wikizilla. Because this is a small community, adminship will be be offered to deserving editors by the bureaucrats. If you want to request admin rights, ask any of the bureaucrats.
- If you want rollback rights, ask a bureaucrat, and state why you want them. Rollback rights, like adminship, may be offered or outright given to deserving editors.
- Your request for promotion will be rejected immediately if you have been blocked from Wikizilla in the past. Poor conduct on other wikis may also be used against you, depending on the details of the conduct.
- No fan fiction is allowed on Wikizilla is because it is not a fanon wiki, and in around 2009 to 2011 during Wikizilla's time on Wikia, too much fan-made material was added and was treated as actual canon and listed on several actual canon pages. If you wish to add fan fiction articles then do so on the Zilla Fanon Wiki or another fan site.
- Notability is not an issue on Wikizilla. This wiki is specifically about the Godzilla, Gamera, King Kong, and other Toho / Kadokawa franchises/series, and anything related to them is considered notable.
- Wikizilla follows the principle of Inclusionism (have as much information as possible), and rejects the principles of Deletionism (deleting pages or so for being short or not very informative) in regards to all things related to Godzilla.
- Speculation is NOT allowed on Wikizilla's articles. It is, however, allowed on forums and comment sections (as that is their purpose).
The following rules are for the Wikizilla forums.
- Obey the Civility Guidelines at all times.
- Do NOT spam or advertise other websites.
- Stay on topic in the individual discussion threads.