"Where Is Thy Sting?"
|Godzilla: The Series episodes|
"Where Is Thy Sting?" is the thirty-fourth episode of Godzilla: The Series and the thirteenth episode of season 2.
The episode opens with two smugglers escaping a downed plane in the desert, but they are shot down by a Mutant Scorpion and the military. At H.E.A.T. headquarters, Mendel Craven has taken Elsie Chapman and N.I.G.E.L. on vacation with him to New Mexico, leaving Niko Tatopoulos, Randy Hernandez, and Monique Dupre behind in New York. Godzilla then begins to head for New Mexico and their vacation is cut short. Randy receives a cryptic warning to be wary of a scorpion, and the team discovers that Godzilla is heading toward Fort Armstrong for no apparent reason. They discover the plane crash site, and Monique is able to tell that someone has gone to great lengths to remove the evidence. Randy is then stung by a scorpion and hallucinates that a giant scorpion attacked the smugglers. Anthony Hicks then arrives to escort them into the base, where Randy notices a symbol from his fever dream which serves as a clue, as the resident colonel recognizes Randy's claim about there being smugglers at the base. They head out into the desert, where they find tracks and a highly volatile liquid, which they follow to a metal wall with a hole burned through it, and the Mutant Scorpion. Godzilla arrives to save them, but the military arrives to stop the fight. H.E.A.T. is arrested, and Hicks tries to talk his friend into freeing them. The colonel reveals that they created Ts-eh-GO as a living weapon, but now it is too hard to control. He then shows Hicks a room full of smaller Mutant Scorpions, known as the "Second Wave". While protecting Major Hicks, Godzilla is sprayed with the scorpion's acid, deteriorating his thick hide, and stung. He still tries to fight, though he is greatly weakened, and a helicopter crashes into the base, freeing the Second Wave scorpions. H.E.A.T. escapes from their cell, and Nick is able to lure the Second Wave scorpions to Ts-eh-GO, where they try to eat the larger scorpion. In a frantic attempt to get them off of it, Ts-eh-GO releases more scorpions, and Godzilla destroys all of them at once.
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Ian Ziering as Dr. Nick Tatopolous
- Malcolm Danare as Dr. Mendel Craven
- Rino Romano as Randy Hernandez
- Charity James as Dr. Elsie Chapman
- Brigitte Bako as Monique Dupre
- Tom Kenny as N.I.G.E.L.
- Michael Chiklis as Colonel Charles Tarrington
- Kevin Dunn as Major Anthony Hicks
- Nicholas Guest as Chad Gordon
Weapons, vehicles, and races
- Episode writer William Stout revealed in a 2021 video interview that the main inspiration for Ts-eh-GO and the Mutant Scorpions was the titular monsters from the 1957 Warner Bros. film The Black Scorpion, Stout himself being a huge fan of stop motion effect artist Willis O'Brien and his various creature creations.
- Episode writer William Stout was previously hired to develop concept sketches for Steve Miner's unproduced film Godzilla: King of the Monsters in 3D in 1983, creating Godzilla's new design for the film and even completing a teaser poster.
This is a list of references for Where is Thy Sting?. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 2 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.