Godzilla: Monster Mayhem (fighting game)
Godzilla: Monster Mayhem is one of two video games under the same title developed by Indiagames for mobile devices, the other being a sidescroller. The game was released on September 15, 2009, for the App Store and has not been updated since, and has since been removed from the App Store.
The game consists of a single mode: a 1 vs 1 fight between two monsters. The player is given the option between Godzilla and King Ghidorah. They also chose which monster their opponent (an AI) will use, with the same options for monsters as before. The sole arena is set in a generic city, with a red net-like force-field preventing the monsters from going out-of-bonds (though it was possible to glitch through it using Godzilla's sliding attack). Touching the force-field would result in the monster being buffeted back into bounds. The goal of the game is to beat the opponent two out of three times in a fight. Different attacks are controlled by swiping your screen in different ways. Landing attacks charges up your monster's energy bar, enabling you to use Godzilla's atomic breath or King Ghidorah's gravity beams when the bar is fully charged. The game has leaderboards with high scores as well.
The game had been in thought since November 2005 when Indiagames Ltd. got into a deal with Toho to create two Godzilla games as well as many wallpapers, screensavers, ringtones, and alerts. The first game was finally released on September 15 of 2009, but nothing else from the original deal other than the second game ever came to be.
Godzilla - Monster mayhem is a monstrous one-on-one fighting game where you get to fight as King Ghidorah or as mighty Godzilla himself. Fight using innovative gesture controls in a 3 round showdown against you arch nemesis using various attacks and counter moves. Challenge your friends to showdowns via email or through Facebook. Brag about your destructive fighting capabilities by posting directly to your Wall on Facebook.
Features of the Game:
- Gesture based fighting controls
- Range of attacking and Counter moves
- 3 Round matches
- Upload you scores
- Challenge your friends to see who's the better fighter
- Post directly to Facebook and let everyone know about your skills
Godzilla, Gigan, Anguirus, King Ghidorah, Hedorah, Mechagodzilla, Fire Rodan, Megalon. All Related Characters and Character Designs are Trademarks of Toho Co., Ltd.
© 2009 Toho Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Licensed and Distributed by Indiagames Ltd.
© 2009 Indiagames Ltd."
The monsters are rendered in 3D models that were pretty low quality so the old 2.2 iOS Apple products could handle them.
- Godzilla - The titular King of the Monsters appears with his trademark blue atomic breath, and a few melee attacks including punches and tail swipes. This Godzilla's design seems to be based on the Heisei Godzilla's design.
- King Ghidorah - King Ghidorah is the only other playable character that made it into the game. King Ghidorah does not have his signature roar and does not fire gravity beams, but instead normal fire breath. King Ghidorah seems to also be based on his Heisei incarnation.
These monsters were meant to be added in later updates as they were not in the 1.0 release but were ultimately scrapped and forgotten along with the game itself. All of these are mentioned in the trademarks.
- Mechagodzilla - Which version of Mechagodzilla would appear is not known.
- Fire Rodan
- Mothra - Mentioned in interview with Vishal Gondal, CEO of Indiagames Ltd.
This is a list of references for Godzilla: Monster Mayhem (fighting game). These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 11 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.