Godzilla: High Grade
Godzilla: High Grade (ＨＧ シリーズ Eichi Jī Shirīzu, lit. H.G. Series) is a line of two-inch tall collectible Gashapon figures produced by Bandai. These figures are released in sets that usually coincide with the newest Godzilla film. They were sold in vending machines and all require at least minor assembly.
Set 11994 in conjunction with Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla. It includes the following figures:
- Godzilla 1994
- King Ghidorah
- Super Mechagodzilla (Includes Mechagodzilla and Garuda)
Set 21995 to coincide with Godzilla vs. Destoroyah. It includes:
Set 31997 to coincide with Rebirth of Mothra II. It includes:
Set 41998 to coincide with GODZILLA (1998). Figures included in this set are:
Set 51998 to commemorate the release of Rebirth of Mothra III. It includes the following figures:
EX1998, Bandai re-released the figures from Set 1 under the name "Godzilla: High Grade EX." These figures featured slightly different paint jobs than Set 1, and were sold exclusively at 7-11 stores instead of in vending machines. Just like Set 1, Godzilla: High Grade EX features the following figures:
Set 61999, in anticipation of Godzilla 2000: Millennium, Bandai released a sixth set of High Grade figures. It includes:
Set 72000 in conjunction with Godzilla vs. Megaguirus. It includes the following figures:
- Godzilla 2000
- King Ghidorah 1965
- Destoroyah (Aggregate Form)
- Battra Larva and Mothra Larva
- Miss Namikawa
Set 82001 to coincide with the release of Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. It includes the four monsters featured in the film, plus two classic monsters.
Set 92002 to coincide with the release of the film Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla. It includes:
- Godzilla 2002
- Godzilla 1974 (Comes with interchangeable arm that allows it to be turned into Fake Godzilla)
- Kiryu (Mechagodzilla)
- Mechagodzilla 1974
- King Caesar
- Mecha-King Ghidorah
Set 102003 along with the film Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.. All six of the figures in this set are new molds, but all except Ebirah are based on monsters that have already received High Grade figures. The figures in this set are:
- Godzilla 2003
- Kiryu (Mechagodzilla) 2003
- Mothra Imago 2003
- Ebirah 1966 (Comes with removable water accessory)
- Destoroyah Perfect Form 1995
- SpaceGodzilla 1994
Set 112004, to celebrate both the release of Godzilla: Final Wars and Godzilla's 50th anniversary, Bandai released a 12th set of High Grade figures. All of the figures in this set are of monsters featured in Godzilla: Final Wars, and include:
- Godzilla 2004
- Monster X
- Gigan 2004 (Includes interchangeable head and hands allowing transformation into Modified Gigan)
- Fire Mothra
- Rodan 2004
- Kamacuras 2004 and Kumonga 2004
Godzilla 2014 Set2014, Bandai released the first new High Grade set since 2004, not counting the Godzilla Chronicle reissue sets, in commemoration of the 2014 American film. It features four figures:
Shin Godzilla SetShin Godzilla, Bandai released a new set of High Grade Figures in August 2016. The set includes:
Shin Godzilla Set 2
- Godzilla 2016 (1st Form)
- Godzilla 2016 (2nd Form)
- Godzilla 2016 (2nd Form) - Translucent Ver.
- Godzilla 2016 (3rd Form)
- Godzilla 2016 (4th Form) - includes interchangeable mouth parts to simulate Godzilla firing atomic breath
- Godzilla 2016 (4th Form) - painted to represent Godzilla frozen from the film's ending, includes fifth form on the figure's tail
Shin Godzilla Climax
In 2017, Bandai released another wave of Shin Godzilla figures, all of which were repaints of the figures from the previous two waves. Figures in this set are:
- Godzilla 2016 2nd Form Model Color Ver.
- Godzilla 2016 4th Form Model Color Ver.
- Godzilla 2016 4th Form Frozen Ver.
- Godzilla 2016 4th Form Daytime Ver.
Godzilla 2017 Set
Bootlegs Below are pictures comparing the actual figures and their bootlegs.
- There has been a set of High Grade figures made for every Godzilla film since 1994.
- Bandai also produced a Gamera: High Grade line from 1995 to 1999.
This is a list of references for Godzilla: High Grade. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.
<comments voting="Plus" />