Reiko, the Psyche Resurrected (1991)
Reiko, the Psyche Resurrected (超少女ＲＥＩＫＯ is a Chōshōjo Reiko, lit. Super Girl REIKO)1991 tokusatsu horror film co-produced by Toho and Burning Production. It was released to Japanese theaters on November 16, 1991.
|This plot section is useless.
Please help out by editing this page and adding the plot.
To be added.
- Main article: Reiko, the Psyche Resurrected/Credits.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Takao Okawara
- Written by Takao Okawara
- Produced by Shogo Tomiyama
- Music by Tomoyuki Asakawa
- Cinematography by Kenichi Yamada, Sueyuki Yamaguchi, Hiroyuki Kitazawa, Yasuhiko Yomo
- Edited by Chizuko Osada, Yasuo Sato, Masafumi Aoyama, Chie Aoki
- Production Design by Yoshio Suzuki, Takao Tanaka, Noriko Sawafuji, Toshihiro Tanaka
- Assistant Directing by Kunio Miyoshi, Masaaki Tezuka, Masatoshi Kurakata, Reijin Kurokawa
- Special Effects by Eiichi Asada, Takao Okawara
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Alisa Mizuki as Reiko Kudo
- Ken Osawa as Shiro Ogata
- Wakako Shimazaki as Yumi Uchida
- Yukio Nagasawa as Yuji Takashina
- Hisako Yamada as Rika Manda
- Yosuke Isozaki as Takafumi Shinjo
- Michitaka Tsutsui as Asakura
- Asami Inoue as Machiko Shimizu
- Takashi Sugihara as Joji Watanabe
- Fumihiro Takakura
- Keiko Hara
- Shinichiro Sugano as Theatergoer C
- Mari Saito
- Yu Tanaka as Theatergoer A
- Noriko Kojima
- Hidehiro Kawai as Theatergoer B
- Takako Kodama
- Motoki Hashino
- Yukie Sekine
- Saburo Kadowaki
- Mie Nagata
- Shiori Sakura as Reiko Fukao
- B-saku Sato as Toshio Kudo
- Koichi Sato as Yamakawa
- Kyoko Koizumi as Fujisawa
- Kin Sugai as Mitsurei Kudo
- Setsuko Tawaguchi
- Main article: Reiko, the Psyche Resurrected/Gallery.
- Super Girl REIKO (Literal Japanese title; 超少女ＲＥＩＫＯ)
- Reiko, Psyche Resurrected (Japanese DVD English title)
- Reiko, the Supergirl (International title)
View all posters for the film here.
Takao Okawara submitted his screenplay for Reiko, the Psyche Resurrected to the 13th Kido Awards in 1987, ultimately winning the secondary prize and convincing Toho to allow him to helm the project. Alisa Mizuki won a Newcomer of the Year award from the 15th Japan Academy Prize in 1992 for her portrayal of Reiko Kudo in the film.
|13th Kido Awards||N/A||Takao Okawara||Won; 2nd place|
|15th Japan Academy Awards||Newcomer of the Year||Alisa Mizuki||Won|
Toho VHS (1992)
- Tapes: 1
Toho DVD (2005)
- Region: 2
- Discs: 1
- Audio: Japanese (Dolby Digital, Surround)
- Subtitles: Japanese
- Special Features: Three trailers, audio commentary by Alisa Mizuki and Takao Okawara.
- Notes: Re-released on November 8, 2013 in a limited edition and on August 19, 2015 as part of the Toho DVD Masterpiece Selection.
Though Reiko, the Psyche Resurrected is not available on Blu-ray, an HD version can be rented or purchased on the Japanese version of Amazon Video.
- Reiko, the Psyche Resurrected was the first film for which Takao Okawara served as director and the only film for which he is credited as screenwriter. Despite its subpar turnout, the film was sufficient in proving Okawara's capabilities as a director to Toho and, with the recommendation of producer Shogo Tomiyama, he was chosen to direct Godzilla vs. Mothra the following year. He would later go on to direct three more entries in the Godzilla series: Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II, Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, and Godzilla 2000: Millennium; and Orochi, the Eight-Headed Dragon for the studio.
- Mechagodzilla's artificial intelligence in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II is named "REIKO" as a reference to this film. Garuda's AI in the film is also called "ARISA" in reference to actress Alisa Mizuki, who played Reiko in this film.
This is a list of references for Reiko, the Psyche Resurrected. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.