- Kenji Miku: “Yes, Earth's guardian monsters must know that the crystals are harming the planet. The Earth is their home and they will protect it by destroying them.”
- Gyozen: “Don't be absurd. These are mindless beasts we're talking about. The simple explanation is that they are hungry for the power the crystals generate.”
- ― Kenji Miku and Gyozen (Godzilla: Unleashed)
History[edit | edit source]
General Gyozen is a semi-retired, hardcore military man who serves as a military adviser on the GDF council. He has lost many battles against Godzilla as the captain of the Atoragon in his career. As a result, he harbors a deep-seated hatred toward all monsters. Gyozen is among the human council on Monster Island when a crystal meteor shower rained down Earth. When the council gathers, he suggests using the Atoragon to fight the monsters and shatter the crystals from underground, but his idea is dismissed by the rest of the council. Instead, he then commands Doctor Shiragami to experiment with G-Cells, which inadvertently results in the creation of Biollante. Later, he takes the Atoragon for himself and comes across one of the crystals, taking a drastic effect on his sanity, fighting whatever monster the player uses twice, escaping the first time. Before the second fight, he begins to question his reckless attacks on the monsters and influence of the crystal, but his hatred wins and he attacks the player a second time, leading to his death when the monster destroys Atoragon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Interestingly, none of the Gyozen levels show up in the GDF story, likely because Gyozen would never consciously attack a GDF mech unit.
- General Gyozen is voiced by Dennis Bateman, who is notably known for his roles as the Spy and the Pyro in the team-based first-person shooter multiplayer video game Team Fortress 2, which was released the same year as Godzilla: Unleashed.
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.