Kujira Gami (1962)
Kujira Gami (鯨神, lit. The Whale God) is a 1962 tokusatsu film produced by Daiei, and based on a 1961 novel of the same name written by Koichiro Uno. It was released in Japanese theaters on July 15, 1962.
A small Japanese fishing village is being terrorized by an unusually large and seemingly immortal North Pacific right whale. Shaki, whose family has been destroyed by the whale's rampage, becomes obsessed with killing it. Meanwhile, a brutal drunkard comes to the village, intent on killing the whale himself.
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
- Directed by Tokuzo Tanaka
- Written by Kaneto Shindo
- Based on a novel by Koichiro Uno
- Produced by Masaichi Nagata
- Music by Akira Ifukube
- Cinematography by Setsuo Kobayashi
- Production design by Shigeo Mano
- Special effects by Toru Matoba, Chikara Komatsubara, Takesaburo Watanabe, Hiroshi Ishida
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Katsu Shintaro as Kishu
- Kojiro Hongo as Shaki
- Fujimura Shiho as Ei
- Reiko Fujiwara as Okoma
- Michiko Takano as Yuki
- Takemura Yosuke as Kasuke
- Takashi Shimura as Village elder
- Kyoko Enami
- Kichijiro Ueda
- Koji Fujiyama
- Bontaro Miake
- Main article: Kujira Gami (film)/Gallery.
- The Whale God (literal Japanese title)
- Killer Whale
Kadokawa DVD (2006 / 2014)
- Region: 2
- Discs: 1
- Audio: Japanese (Dolby Digital 2.0 Japanese)
- Subtitles: Japanese
- Special features: Audio commentary (seemingly the 2014 release only), trailer, cast and crew profiles, photo gallery
This is a list of references for Kujira Gami (film). These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 10 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.