We are soldiers! We do the dirty work so our families and our countrymen don't have to be afraid! They shouldn't even know that a thing like this exists!
— Lt. Col. Preston Packard (Kong: Skull Island)
The battle-hardened leader of the Sky Devils helicopter squadron, which is set to be decommissioned in the dark final days of the Vietnam War, Packard is struggling to turn his back on a war he cannot win. When his team is offered an assignment to lead the airborne survey of Skull Island, he seizes the opportunity for one last mission before rotating home with men who have become closer to him than family.
To be added.
- Kong: Skull Island - The Official Movie Novelization (2017)
- Godzilla vs. Kong: The Official Movie Novelization (2021) [mentioned]
- Preston Packard's name is a reference to the defunct Packard Motor Car Company, a carryover from a version of the Kong: Skull Island script that began in Detroit.
- J.K. Simmons was originally cast as Packard, but dropped out of the movie due to a scheduling conflict. Samuel L. Jackson accepted the part as soon as he heard it was for a King Kong movie, without reading the script.
- Packard's line "Hold on to your butts!" is a reference to Samuel L. Jackson's role as Ray Arnold in Jurassic Park, in which his character used this line as well.
This is a list of references for Preston Packard. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 4 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.