|[citation(s) needed] — This article is missing references.
Please improve this article by including relevant citations.
As a reader, exercise caution when encountering unsourced statements.
Masakatsu Asai (浅井 正勝 is a Asai Masakatsu)Japanese assistant director and cameraman who worked for Toho since the 1950s. He served as the 1st AD under Eiji Tsuburaya on numerous of the company's classic tokusatsu films until 1962, after which he was succeeded by Teruyoshi Nakano. Because assistant special effects directors were not credited until Matango in 1963, Asai never received a single credit. Though he did not work on any further films, he continued to be employed at Toho, and by 1970 was the manager of the company's Special Technology Division.
- Note: All roles uncredited.
1st assistant director of special effects
- Half Human (1955)
- Godzilla Raids Again (1955)
- Rodan (1956)
- The Mysterians (1957)
- The H-Man (1958)
- Battle in Outer Space (1959)
- The Secret of the Telegian (1960)
- The Human Vapor (1960)
- Mothra (1961)
- The Last War (1961)
- Gorath (1962)
- King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)
- Godzilla (1954) - Assistant special effects cinematographer
- The Legend of the White Serpent (1956) - Assistant special effects cinematographer
- Varan (1958) - Assistant director of special effects
This is a list of references for Masakatsu Asai. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.