Gojira-kun (ゴジラくん is a Gojirakun, lit. Mr. Godzilla)1985 video game developed by Toho for the MSX. The game is notable for featuring chibi versions of the Godzilla monsters, in a similar manner to Bandai's Godzilland merchandise line. Compile developed a sequel to this game, Gojira-kun: Kaiju Daikoshin, for the Nintendo Game Boy in 1990.
The game features the following monsters, each with one special ability:
- Godzilla (Player) - Can push rocks. Can defeat enemies with one punch (except Hedorah and King Ghidorah).
- Baragon - Powerful puncher.
- Anguirus - Runs very fast when on the same level as Godzilla.
- Rodan - Flies behind you through the screen. Can't die of water.
- Hedorah - Immune to punching.
- Mechagodzilla - Fast puncher.
- King Ghidorah - Appears when Godzilla takes too long to clear a level, flies, and is completely invulnerable.
- Minilla - Found by destroying a boulder in the game's final level.
Godzilla can move left and right and climb up and down vines. There are three ways to defend yourself: punching your enemies, making them fall in water, or dropping rocks on them. The objective of every level is to destroy all the rocks. When the last rock is destroyed, a timer power-up will appear. If you grab it, all enemies will stop moving for a few seconds. Go through a door after getting the timer and you advance to the next level.
In this mode, you make your own levels, or "scenes." You can choose to edit the screen, select a screen, save a scene, load a scene, verify a scene, copy a scene or test play.
User's Game Mode
Immediately play the current scene selected on edit mode.
- According to hidden data in the game, Gojira-kun was originally titled Godzilland, but Toho decided to change the title at the last moment. In addition, the game's cover art even features the "Godzilland" logo.
This is a list of references for Gojira-kun. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 1 comments. Remember to follow the civility guidelines when commenting.