Godzilla vs. the Robot Monsters
|Marc Cerasini Godzilla novels|
Godzilla vs. The Robot Monsters is a 320 page novel written by Marc Cerasini in 1998.
"Krakatau, Java, 2004 – From the world’s most destructive volcano, Godzilla bursts forth, launching a new reign of kaiju terror. In Montana, the horned dinosaur Baragon begins to graze on cattle, while the armored Anguirus wreaks havoc in the Caspian Sea.
The world immediately responds. The Russian Republic activates the super-robot MOGUERA, piloted by former Olympian Nadia Nimova, while the United States and Japan jointly launch Mechagodzilla, driven by the unlikeliest of pilots – Michael Sullivan, a VR genius and paraplegic.
But battling Godzilla is only Round One. At the burial site of Genghis Kahn, a Mongolian warlord has found the key to unbridled power – the remains of a winged cyborg creature. Like an apocalyptic beast, it is unleashed, leaving one question in its terror-filled shadow… WILL THE AGE OF MONSTERS BRING AN END TO THE AGE OF MAN?"
|This plot section is useless.
Please help out by editing this page and adding the plot.
To be added.
- A sequel was planned for the book, called Godzilla and the Lost Continent, but it was never released, save for a twelve-page preview at the end of this book.
- This is the first and only one of Marc Cerasini's Godzilla novels to include a Kaiju Glossary, which provides stats, abilities, images, and descriptions of each monster that appears in the book. Curiously, it lists Godzilla as having a nuclear pulse, though he does not use it in any of Cerasini's books. It is possible he would have used it in Godzilla and the Lost Continent.
- Garuda co-pilot, Tori Angelo, is a returning character who first appeared in Godzilla 2000 as a crew member of Raptor-Two but as Lori Angelo. The reason for this name change is unknown.
- While normally Garuda's pilots, during the battle with Baragon both Tori Angelo and Tia Shimura would co-pilot the Mechagodzilla half of Super-Mechagodzilla to a limited degree with Michael Sullivan while Martin Wong and Tobias "Toby" Nelson would take over piloting the Garuda half. The two women would resume their original roles as Garuda's pilots and Michael solely being Mechagodzilla's pilot during Super-Mechagodzilla's final battle with Mecha-King Ghidorah.
- With the exception of Michael Sullivan, all of Super-Mechagodzilla's crew members are veteran G-Force members from Godzilla 2000 who were crew members on Raptor-One (Martin Wong, Tia Shimura) and Raptor-Two (Tori Angelo, Toby Nelson) respectively, while Michael is a returning character from Godzilla at World's End.
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.