The Making of King Kong
The entire extraordinary story of the most popular fantasy film of all time!
The Making of King Kong is a 1975 book focusing on the development of the original 1933 King Kong film.
The book was initially published by A.S. Barnes & Co., Inc. in 1975. It contains 288 pages.
The Making of King Kong takes a look at the production of the original 1933 film and contains over 160 photos.
|“||THE MIGHTY KONG LIVES - IN THE PAGES OF THIS BOOK!
Here for the first time is the complete story of the greatest monster movie ever made—a vivid chronicle of an unsurpassed creative adventure in filmmaking—of brilliant and dedicated people in pursuit of the ultimate spectacle.
More than 160 photographs—many of them never before published.
Brilliant artists' renderings of scenes and effects from the film.
Fully detailed descriptions of the special effects, and how they were achieved.
Incisive interviews and complete biographies of the principals.
A total history of the Kong phenomenon—from the film's conception to its continuing impact in the world.
- Foreword (p. 7)
- Acknowledgements (p. 13)
- List of Illustrations (p. 16)
- PART I: Genesis of Kong (p. 21)
- (p. 23) 1: Cooper-Schoedsack Productions
- (p. 31) 2: Adventure for Three
- (p. 37) 3: The Ultimate in Adventure
- (p. 41) 4: OBie
- PART II: The Making of Kong (p. 51)
- (p. 53) 5: Production 601
- (p. 65) 6: The Perils of Pathé
- (p. 77) 7: A Happy Company
- (p. 87) 8: Inventions Become Necessary
- (p. 101) 9: The Skull Island Expedition
- (p. 115) 10: People, Primroses and Other PROBLEMS
- (p. 133) 11: It Wasn't Easy
- (p. 159) 12: The King in New York
- (p. 189) 13: The Finishing Touches
- PART III: Postlude (p. 197)
- (p. 199) 14: The Inevitable Sequel
- (p. 209) 15: Remember Cavalcade?
- A KING KONG PORTFOLIO (p. 215)
- APPENDICES (p. 233)
- (p. 235) Appendix 1: Grass
- (p. 237) Appendix 2: Chang
- (p. 239) Appendix 3: The Four Feathers
- (p. 243) Appendix 4: Rango
- (p. 245) Appendix 5: The Ghost of Slumber Mountain
- (p. 247) Appendix 6: The Lost World
- (p. 251) Appendix 7: Creation
- (p. 255) Appendix 8: The Most Dangerous Game
- (p. 259) Appendix 9: King Kong
- (p. 279) Appendix 10: The Son of Kong
- Index (p. 283)
This is a list of references for The Making of King Kong. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.