What to Do With the Dead Kaiju? (2022)
|This article concerns an upcoming subject, and will be updated with new information as it arises.|
What to Do With the Dead Kaiju? (大怪獣のあとしまつ is an upcoming comedic Daikaijū no Atoshimatsu, lit. Giant Monster Cleanup) kaiju film produced by the "DAIKAIJU" Film Partners. It is to be tentatively released to Japanese theaters by Toei and Shochiku on February 4, 2022.
Description[edit | edit source]
A KAIJU (Monster), which terrorized humans to unprecedented levels, suddenly died one day. While the people rejoice and bask in relief, the giant corpse left behind begins to slowly rot and bloat. If it explodes, the nation will be destroyed...
Development[edit | edit source]
What to Do With the Dead Kaiju? was announced on February 26, 2020 along with its writer-director Satoshi Miki and stars Ryosuke Yamada and Tsuchiya Tao, with a projected release date sometime after 2020.
On October 27, the film's release was confirmed to be scheduled for 2022. A countdown timer launched on the film's official website on June 24, 2021, culminating in a press release on July 1. The film's key art and a teaser trailer were released, along with a brief description of the film's plot, the names of the two main characters, and the reveal of former Godzilla series modeler Shinichi Wakasa's involvement.
On October 11, the film's Twitter account began a 3-day counter, leading to another announcement on October 13. Three new cast members were revealed, along with a brief trailer and release date.
Staff[edit | edit source]
Staff role on the left, staff member's name on the right.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Actor's name on the left, character played on the right.
- Ryosuke Yamada as Arata Obinata, Special Forces member
- Tsuchiya Tao as Yukino Amane
- Gaku Hamada as Masahiko Ame, Prime Minister's secretary
- Joe Odagiri as Bruce, bomb disposal expert
- Toshiyuki Nishida as Prime Minister Kan Nishiotachime
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Weapons, vehicles, and races[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: What to Do With the Dead Kaiju?/Gallery.
Alternate titles[edit | edit source]
- Giant Monster Cleanup (literal translation)
- Dai Kaiju no Atoshimatsu (transliterated title)
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The deceased monster featured in the movie is 155 meters tall and 380 meters long, surpassing Godzilla Earth, the largest incarnation of Godzilla, in absolute size.
- The roar in the beginning of the special announcement trailer is taken from the Monster Hunter franchise, specifically that of Odogaron and its subspecies.
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This is a list of references for What to Do With the Dead Kaiju?. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 8 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.