The Godzilla Art of KAIDA Yuji
The Godzilla Art of KAIDA Yuji is an art book consisting of Godzilla- and Toho tokusatsu-related illustrations by Japanese artist Yuji Kaida. The book was originally released in Japan by Aspect on July 29, 2014 under the name Godzilla Illustrations (ゴジラ・イラストレーションズ. An English translation by Cody Carpenter Gojira Irasutorēshonzu) was released internationally by Titan Books in 2021, with a new introduction by Kaida included.
Marvel at this spectacular collection of full-colour graphic art of Godzilla and other Toho movie monsters by renowned artist KAIDA Yuji.
Contents of Japanese version:
- GODZILLA ILLUSTRATIONS ゴジラ・イラストレーションズ (p. 5)
- TOHO MONSTERS ILLUSTRATIONS 東宝怪獣イラストレーションズ (p. 51)
- TOHO EXTRA ILLUSTRATIONS 東宝エクストラ・イラストレーションズ (p. 87)
- MAKING OF GODZILLA ILLUSTRATION ゴジラの描き方（「ゴジラ・イラストレーションズ」カバーイラストより） (p. 105)
- NOTES ON GODZILLA ILLUSTRATIONS 作者自身による全作品解説 (p. 109)
- LONG INTERVIEW WITH YUJI KAIDA 開田裕治、ゴジラを語る (p. 118)
Contents of English version:
- Godzilla in London (p. 4)
- Godzilla (p. 6)
- Godzilla VS. (p. 52)
- Kaiju & Weapons (p. 80)
- Interview: KAIDA Yuji and HIGUCHI Shinji (p. 116)
- Artwork descriptions (p. 120)
Inaccuracies and inconsistencies
- The descriptions of Godzilla 2001 and Godzilla 2003 in "Godzilla's Face is His Résumé" are switched.
- Several film titles in "Godzilla's Face is His Résumé" and the "Artwork descriptions" chapter deviate slightly from their international titles: Godzilla 2000 instead of Godzilla 2000: Millennium, Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. instead of Godzilla: Tokyo SOS, Godzilla: Final Wars instead of Godzilla Final Wars, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters instead of GODZILLA: Planet of the Monsters, and Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle instead of GODZILLA: City on the Edge of Battle. Godzilla: King of the Monsters is also written as Godzilla: King of Monsters, a direct translation of the Japanese title.
- In the interview with Shinji Higuchi and Yuji Kaida, "Meganulon" is written as "Meganuron." Submersion of Japan's title is given as Japan Sinks, while The Return of Godzilla's title is given as Godzilla.
This is a list of references for The Godzilla Art of KAIDA Yuji. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 1 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.