"Hurricane" Ryu Hariken
"Hurricane" Ryu Hariken (破李拳竜, real name Hidemi Miyata Hariken Ryū) (宮田英実, is a Miyata Hidemi)Japanese actor, director, illustrator and serialized comic author. Hariken worked as a suit actor on Toho's Godzilla films during the Heisei series, portraying kaiju such as King Ghidorah and Godzilla Junior. Prior to that, he worked as Godzilla's suit actor during the marketing campaigns for the films The Return of Godzilla in 1984 and Godzilla vs. Biollante in 1989.
Outside of the Godzilla franchise, Hariken has acted in and directed a number of other movies. His debut as an actor was in the 1991 science-fiction movie Mikadoroid. As a comic author, Hariken's most well-known work is likely the cult-classic comic series Gekisatsu! Uchuuken, which was published in issues #2 through #81 of the serialized comic magazine Lemon People.
- Pretty Executor (1987)
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993) [as Hidemi Miyata]
- Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994)
- Rebirth of Mothra (1996)
- Rebirth of Mothra II (1997)
- Godzilla 2000: Millennium (1999)
- Mikadoroid (1991) as Jinra
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991) as King Ghidorah
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992) as Battra [larva]
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993) as BabyGodzilla
- Orochi, the Eight-Headed Dragon (1994) as Kumasogami
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995) as Godzilla Junior
- Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit (2008) as Guilala
- Earth Defense Widow (2014) as Bemuras
- The Godzilla Comic (1990) - Writer / illustrator ["Godzilla: Kaiju Warrior"]
- Manga Boys Special Edition: Gamera (1994-1995) - Illustrator
- Hurricane Ryu is also credited with producing concept drawings of various unmade Toho monsters, including Majin Tuol, Red Moon, Erabus and Hafun.
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.