Giant Monster Gamera (manga)
From Wikizilla, the kaiju encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
Giant Monster Gamera (大怪獣ガメラ is a shonen manga written by Kenichiro Terasawa and illustrated by Daikaijū Gamera)"Hurricane" Ryu Hariken. It was published by Tokuma Shoten in the magazine Monthly Manga Boys from November 1994 to February 1995.
Gamera fights Gyaos while other monsters make appearances.
Weapons, vehicles, and races
- The Gamera in this comic is presented as the same individual who appeared in Gamera: Super Monster. While Gamera is presumed dead at the end of that film, the manga depicts his resurrection with an artificial sun based on plasma energy technologies used by Atlantis, which also alters his appearance to resemble the Gamera in the Heisei Trilogy. Afterwards, he is sent to the past with a time machine to defeat evil kaiju and monitor humanity.
- "Kenichiro Terasawa" is likely a pseudonym, as it matches the name of the writer character in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah.
- This manga was illustrated by Hurricane Ryu Hariken, a suit actor for many Toho monsters during the Heisei series.
- This manga features several new monsters based on Garasharp and the unmade monsters Marukobukarappa and Nezura.
- The Galactic Peace Union's spaceship in the manga resembles a giant-sized version of the Pairans; benevolent starfish-shaped aliens from the 1956 Daiei film Warning from Space.
- Despite its name, Powered Gyaos is actually a multi-headed, Chimera-like combination of all of Gamera's foes, from the original Showa era film series.
Showing 6 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.