Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #25
|Godzilla: Rulers of Earth|
"The incredible finale to the longest-running Godzilla series ever is here! The final battle between the monsters of Earth and the Cryog forces will prove deadly for many. Will Earth survive?"
In the ruins of Los Angeles, Godzilla is surrounded by Trilopods bearing the characteristics of himself, Anguirus, Titanosaurus, Baragon, Kumonga, Rodan, Varan, Gaira, Sanda, Kamoebas, Gorosaurus, and Gezora. Godzilla briefly attempts to communicate with the Anguirus Trilopod, but fails. The Trilopods then attack, overwhelming Godzilla. During the battle, inside the Trilopod hive, King Caesar has broken free. He begins to free the other kaiju trapped inside who were captured by the Trilopods, starting with Kamoebas, a monster he recognizes from his own time. Also freed inside are Lucy, Jason, Kristina, and the Shobijin. Lucy makes contact with Commander Steven Woods, who tells them to stay put and await CKR's arrival. Meanwhile, Godzilla is outnumbered and being overwhelmed by the Trilopods. However, Kiryu and M.O.G.U.E.R.A come to Godzilla's aid. The battle continues, and Kiryu is able to defeat the Baragon Trilopod using his Absolute Zero Cannon. Elsewhere in the city, Jet Jaguar is battling a Godzilla Trilopod. When it appears the Godzilla Trilopod has gained the upper hand, Zilla arrives. Jet Jaguar grabs hold of the Trilopod, and Zilla slices the creature's throat using his scutes. Zilla pins down and begins to finish off the Godzilla Trilopod. Meanwhile, the now rogue Gigan is attacking the Cryog invasion force. During the fight, Godzilla destroys the Kamoebas Trilopod. He then watches as Kiryu and M.O.G.U.E.R.A are torn apart by the Trilopod swarm. Godzilla then lets out a mighty roar, calling for help, that is heard across the city and inside the Trilopod hive. The now free kaiju arrive to battle alongside Godzilla. During the battle, a crashing Cryog ship unleashes Magita, a giant Trilopod. At this time, Steven Woods and Chavez are at work rescuing Lucy and the others. At the last second, Woods pushes Lucy to safety, and is then crushed under a kaiju's foot. The massive battle continues, and the kaiju manage to defeat the last of the Trilopods. However, Magita emerges, towering over Earth's monsters. The kaiju attempt to fight back, but prove to be nothing more then an annoyance to the gigantic Trilopod. Meanwhile, Jet Jaguar is battling Gigan above Karkaro's ship. Jet Jaguar manages to turn Gigan's chainsaw hand onto the ship, crippling it. The ship then crashes into Magita, wounding it. Godzilla then emerges, and using every bit of his strength, manages to destroy Magita. After the battle, Godzilla and the rest of the kaiju begin to return out to sea, disappearing across the globe. Woods is then found underneath a pile of rubble. Lucy and the others attempt to help, but Steven dies holding Lucy's hand. Sometime after the battle, Lucy is writing a journal on her computer. A funeral was held for Woods, Chavez has assumed the role of Commander of CKR, and some kaiju activity is occurring around the world, such as the Mothra larvae beginning to cocoon, and Godzilla sleeping on the ocean floor. Elsewhere, in an undisclosed location, Gigan is being repaired alongside one of the Cryog Mechagodzilla units.
- King Caesar
- Jet Jaguar
- Gezora (RI cover)
- Ebirah (RI cover)
- Manda (RI cover)
- Megaguirus (RI cover)
Weapons, vehicles, and races
- Counter-Kaiju Reaction Forces
- Maser Cannon
- Super X
- Oxygen Destroyer (Cameo)
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Cover A by Matt Frank
Wraparound cover by Matt Frank
Retailer incentive cover by Jeff Zornow
Retailer incentive wraparound cover by Jeff Zornow
- This final issue makes Godzilla: Rulers of Earth the longest-running Godzilla comic book series of all time at 25 issues, exceeding Marvel Comics' Godzilla, King of the Monsters series' 24.
- Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #25 is twice the length of a normal IDW Godzilla comic, though artists Matt Frank and Jeff Zornow had only half a month to complete it. This tight schedule resulted in a continuity error, where MOGUERA and Kiryu are destroyed by the Trilopods, only to reappear intact later in the issue.
- At the end of the issue, several vehicles are seen along with the Counter-Kaiju Reaction Forces, including the Gotengo, a Maser Cannon, two ASTOL-MB93 planes, and the Super X.
- At the end of the issue, the Oxygen Destroyer can be briefly seen on Lucy's shelf. The books next to it are written by "Dr. Forrester, M.D." (a reference to the villainous mad scientist from the TV series Mystery Science Theater 3000) and "Galbraith" (a nod to Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo! author Stuart Galbraith IV).
- The release of this comic was delayed for two weeks.
- Rulers of Earth #25 cover by Matt Frank on DeviantART.
- Rulers of Earth #25 wraparound cover by Matt Frank on DeviantART.
- Rulers of Earth #25 on comiXology.
This is a list of references for Godzilla: Rulers of Earth Issue 25. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.