- Coonjo: “But, you are handsome!”
- Satori Yokai: “What? Me?”
- Coonjo: “Charming! But next to Kotaro, you're second.”
- Satori Yokai: “I'll kill him! I'll kill Kotaro! I will be number one!”
- ― Coonjo tricks the Satori Yokai into fighting Kotaro (Go! Kotaro Ushiwaka episode 8, "The Sorrowful Satori Yokai")
The Satori Yokai's name is taken from that of the folklore creature Satori (覚), itself derived from the Japanese word satoru meaning "awakening" or "enlightenment." Despite his full name being the "Satori Yokai," Coonjo simply refers to him as Satori (サトリ). The title of episode 8 describes him as the Sorrowful Satori Yokai (哀しきサトリ妖怪. Nakashiki Satori Yōkai)
The Satori Yokai's body is covered in black fur except for on his face, which is a light beige color and vaguely humanoid. He has a large nose and permanent crooked grin.
The Satori Yokai was tricked into attacking Kotaro by Coonjo, who convinced him that he was the second most handsome next to Kotaro. Seeking to eliminate his competition to become number one, he challenged Kotaro to battle as he and Uragira were traveling down a dirt path. They battled with their weapons for a short time, but the Satori Yokai managed to knock Kotaro's naginata from his hands. Kotaro attempted to fight back using his fists, but found that the Satori Yokai was unaffected by the blows. He threw Kotaro to the ground and stabbed his spear through Kotaro's hood, affixing him to the ground. Rather than finishing Kotaro off, however, the Satori Yokai became distracted by a mirror which laid at his feet. He looked at himself through the mirror only to realize that he was not truly handsome at all. In disbelief at what he was seeing, the Satori Yokai froze, prompting Kotaro to grab the mirror from his hand and continue holding it up in front of him. His spirits broken, the Satori Yokai disappeared into a cloud of smoke, never to be seen again.
- The Satori Yokai wields a forked spear-like weapon.
- The Satori Yokai is able to teleport by appearing and disappearing from a cloud of smoke.
- The Satori Yokai was shown to be incredibly resistant, able to withstand all of Kotaro's punches, even directly to the face.
- The Satori Yokai is extremely strong, being able to throw Kotaro around.
The Satori Yokai's inflated ego was ultimately his undoing; rather than seizing the opportunity to kill Kotaro, he became compelled to look at himself in a mirror. Upon realizing that he'd been lied to by Coonjo, the Satori Yokai became ashamed and fled the battle.
- Main article: Satori Yokai/Gallery.
This is a list of references for Satori Yokai. These citations are used to identify the reliable sources on which this article is based. These references appear inside articles in the form of superscript numbers, which look like this: 
Showing 0 comments. When commenting, please remain respectful of other users, stay on topic, and avoid role-playing and excessive punctuation. Comments which violate these guidelines may be removed by administrators.